Generic BScN is a four year degree programme affiliated with Pakistan Nursing Council, Islamabad and Khyber Medical University, Peshawar. It is divided into 8 semesters leading to the eligibility for registered Nurse and simultaneous attainment of a bachelor's degree in nursing. It is designed to prepare knowledgeable and clinically competent professional nurses.
The framework of Generic BS Nursing education is based on the competency model. Curriculum developed by PNC and approved by Higher Education Commission (HEC) of Pakistan and recommended by KMU is followed in BSN programme.
Rehman College of Nursing is registered with the Pakistan Nursing Council for inducting 80 students into a batch of Generic BSN programme. The admission is based on merit established by the Admission Selection Committee of RCN strictly in accordance with the policies, procedures, and deadlines laid down by the Pakistan Nursing Council (PNC). The candidates are required to apply online. Appearance in interview is mandatory for all categories of applicants.
- Intermediate Pre-Medical or equivalent with minimum 50% marks
- Maximum age limit: 30 Years
- HSSC or equivalent: 50%
- KMU-CAT: 40%
- Interview: 10%
- The admission to the programme shall be made strictly based on merit.
- In case final merit of more than one candidate is equal up to four decimals, the candidate older in age shall stand higher in merit.
- After the display of the final merit list, if there is any vacant seat, the next student on merit on the waiting list will be offered admission against the such vacant seat.
- The applications through online portal of the college shall be accepted for the scrutiny and merit formulation
- It will be the responsibility of the candidate to provide all academic & personal documents as required by the college prior to the last date of admissions as specified on the website
- Communication to the applicants will be strictly through the Email address provided by the applicants
- Visiting the college website for day-to-day updates will be the responsibility of the applicants
- Selected applicants and their parents/guardians will be required to submit an affidavit on Rs. 100/- stamp paper duly notarized by a notary, stating the acceptance of College required disciplinary, legal, financial responsibilities and all other rules and regulations specified in the college prospectus
- Admission will remain conditional subject to verification of all documents and passing the medical fitness test
- Personal appearance for verification of documents and interview is mandatory
- Admission offer will be valid only on fee deposit within the stipulated period given below
The selected applicants shall be bound to deposit fee within three working days, failing which the admission offer shall automatically stand withdrawn and next candidate on merit will be issued admission offer.
Scheme of Study
- Regulatory Authorities directives regarding admissions 2022 – 23 issued from time to time will be followed
- A strict NO DONATION POLICY is adopted. No one, except the office of admissions, is authorized to give a written admission offer
- Fee for more than one (1) Semester will not be demanded.
- All fees will be deposited in the official College designated bank account.
- SCHOLARSHIPS: As per institutions’ past practices, scholarship will be offered as per policy notified from time to time
Scope / Career Prospect